This recipe is extremely simple to whip up and make a wonderful snack at any time of the day.
Made from a mixture of fresh fruit and wholewheat flour, these muffins will be a fav with children looking for something sweet and moms looking to give them a nutritious snack.
This recipe is taken from Ashleigh Levin’s new cookbook Home Cooked & Heart Warming.
- 3 Cups wholewheat flour.
- 3tsp baking powder.
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon (I added 3tsp for good measure).
- 1/2 Cup desiccated coconut.
- 1Tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 Cup seedless raisins.
- 1 Cup fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen mixed berries which worked wonderfully but did leave my mixture pink).
- 2/3 Cup brown sugar (can be reduced if your bananas are very ripe).
- 1 Cup full-cream plain yoghurt.
- 1/2 Cup honey (or to taste depending on how ripe your bananas are or how sweet your blueberries are).
- 2 Large eggs (if like me you don’t eat eggs you can either add 1/2 a banana for each egg as I did, or 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce for each egg).
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil.
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence (or to taste).
- 1 Cup milk.
- 1Tbsp smooth peanut butter (I added 3 Tbsp simple because I love the taste with the fruit).
Step 2: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a 12-cup muffin tray with grease-proof paper (or use spray and cook).