As from November 1, the metro will no longer assist walk-in customers when it comes to drivers’ licences.
This follows the launch of the new eNaTis online driver’s licence pre-booking service by Ismail Vadi, the MEC for Roads and Transport, in August this year.
This applies to:
• Booking a learner’s licence test;
• Booking a driver’s licence test;
• Renewing a driver’s licence card; and
• Renewing or applying for a professional driving permit (PrDP).
To apply for the above, bookings must be made at online.natis.gov.za.
“The National Traffic Information System (eNatis) of the Department of Transport, in partnership with the Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC), will help reduce long queues and shorten the time customers spend at licence stations,” says Themba Gadebe, metro spokesperson.
Walk-in customers for the following would still be accommodated:
• Vehicle registrations
• Vehicle licence renewals
• Duplicate registration papers
• Scrapping of vehicles
• Change of vehicle ownership.
Follow us on our social media platforms: